Pages

Friday, January 5, 2007

A Friendly Rug


See how it waves at us?
I suspect toothbrush rugs are more difficult than braided rag rugs. I haven't made a braided rug before, but it seems to me that you'd just keep snaking the braid around and around, anchoring it as you go. With a round toothbrush rug, one must contend with increase stitches. I have been too contentious, apparently. And now I have the makings of a happy, frilly rug.


So, I'm going to try to decrease a little as I go along until it begins to lie flat. It may pooch here and there along these growth rings, but maybe I can get the whole of it to calm down a little. My cat doesn't care about it, though. Here is where I found her a couple minutes after I'd spread out the rug for its latest inspection.

She approves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails