Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

In the Meantime

Although I have all the projects I mentioned last week still in the works, I decided to knit a pair of socks for Valentine's Day.

Be Mine socks motif

Be Mine from the book 2-at-a-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. As with the last pair of socks I knit, I made both socks in tandem, one per pair of circs and using two separate skeins of Knit Picks Palette, fingering weight yarn in the flagrantly poignant color name Red. (It's actually refreshing to not see strained names such as Flashpoint Red or Hearthside Red on the ball band. If this hue had a more flamboyant name, it'd probably be Prickly Heat Red or Digital Clock Red, something bright, exuberant, and kinda annoying.)

These Be Mine socks ARE mine. No giving these puppies away. I do have to say, however, that while this pair of socks fit me, mostly, I think I'm going to knit socks in a tighter gauge from here on out. The bottom part of the heel on each foot still pooches a little over the backs of my clogs. I'd like the heels to be smoother.

Other than that, though, I HEART my heart socks. And they're wool! Another first for me.

Be Mine socks in profile

2 comments:

  1. A pair of socks in just a few days! Wow!

    They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only pair of socks I re-knit from the book were Be Mine; I knit a pair for myself! Hope you enjoy wearing them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails