Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Garter stitch plus no seams

...equals one super-easy blanket.

No Seams Throw

Look Ma, No Seams Blanket
Yarn: Marble Chunky, Adobe color, 3 balls
Needles: US 11 circulars, 40" long

The design is based on an explanation of the technique at the blog Things Soo Likes. The trick is to find a variegated yarn that can make long bands of color. After casting on twenty stitches for the first panel, I knit in garter stitch until it seemed long enough for a sofa throw. I then weighed the remaining ball of yarn to determine how much yarn I'd used, which was about half. So I knew I could knit a 40-stitch panel out of one ball, and that knowledge helped at the very end when I had a throw that was not quite wide enough but I still had one ball left. I cast on 40 stitches for the final panel and had just enough to complete the blanket. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails