Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Off Road Socks

Awhile back, I designed a pair of socks based on the Emmett Cullen character in the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. Why, you may ask. Well, because inspiration, provocation, and opportunity collided serendipitously in my corner of the Bermuda Triangle. My initial hope for publication of this pattern fizzled recently, but my local yarn shop's WONDERFUL proprietor asked to make the pattern her October Sock of the Month. I could tell you how thrilled I am about this, but I'd use up my lifetime supply of exclamation points.

Instead, I'll show you a big picture of the sock and share a link to the pattern.

Off Road Socks 2.0

Off Road Socks (.pdf link)
My Ravelry project page

The yarn I used for the sock pictured above, Maizy, feels great, but the Bittersweet color leeched dye horribly. It stained my fingers as I knit with it. It turned the wash water a shade of rancid grape juice. It inspired a limerick.

There once was a knitter with Maizy
whose yarn color drove quite crazy.
The Bittersweet bruises
on her fingers and toesies
provoked a more colorful phrase, see?

Maziy Stains 1

Maziy Stains 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails