Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Pucci Mama Afghan

Because I'm not drowning in projects yet , I've joined the Lizard Ridge Afghan club at my local yarn shop. I picked up two skeins of Noro Kureyon, colorway 209, cuz they looked as appealing as a bowlful of Skittles. But like Skittles, the look of the yarn was more appealing to me than the intimate acquaintance. Nevertheless I plowed through the two skeins and produced three blocks for my afghan, which DH promptly called Poochy Mama blocks. But I'll call them Pucci Mama. That name looks more chic, don't you think? Don't answer that.

What helped in this monotony of short-rowing was listening to the last Harry Potter book. I was the 25th person on the waiting list at the library, and my number came up last week. Woohoo! Little else got done around here this weekend as both DH and I were glued to the stereo. My poor, dear Severus...(sigh). I was right on the money about him. I was hoping he'd get to do something more redeeming than what JKR gave him, but at least we got to understand him better. I'm looking forward to seeing Alan Rickman do his thing with this character in the movies for books six and seven.

My general opinion about this last book? It was...exhausting. Almost tedious in places because there was so much backstory to cover about several people and because it seemed Harry & Co. kept getting into the same pattern of scrape again and again and then having the same arguments over and over. But it was all worth it. The best parts came in the last half-dozen or so chapters. I'd buy the book just to keep re-reading some of those passages.

1 comment:

  1. I love the name you've given your Lizard Ridge!! and that colorway of Noro- I did a few squares in it myself!

    And i'm with you on Severus, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails