* Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give?
For the last two or three years I have made bonbons to bundle up in tins and give to family and friends. Not long before that, my husband picked up his grandmother's tradition of baking a huge batch of peppernuts for everyone. Sometimes he's made two batches. It's a three-evening process, like how my bonbons take up two evenings, but it's worth it. These gifts do not collect dust in recipients' homes!
* If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making? (Post photos if you have some!)
- Wellness bags (1 of 2 is done)
- stitch markers (still to do), like ones demonstrated here.
- Fuzzy Feet slippers (two of three pair are done)
- coffee cozies (still to do, but I may not get to them)
* Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received?
Last year, I loom-knit a Power Scarf as a hostess gift for the mother of a friend who has invited us to a Christmas Eve party for years. I used Moonlight Mohair, Northern Lights colorway by Lion Brand. Later in the year, my friend passed along her mother's continued delight at the gift; turns out that she saw a scarf, in some high-fashion magazine or on television, very nearly like the one I made for her. I've never felt so haute coteur.
* Name one thing on your personal wish list.
Knit Picks Options Harmony wood interchangeable circular needle set. Whew! What a mouthful.
* Do you make and sell things that would make fantastic gifts?
Out of the frustration of constantly misplacing or forgetting my scissors and spool of quilting thread when I hand quilt from place to place, I made a specialized, beaded châtelaine that holds both items around my neck whenever and wherever I'm working. This way I have to move only one notion when I pack up my project. I've made several for others and have a few for sale at my etsy shop. I take special orders, too.