Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fuzzier Feet

These are for me, even though Gee-tar Man (as in guitar, in case you are unfamiliar with the local accent of the friend who christened my man with this name) picked out the yarn, thinking these would be for him. Turns out, the red and gray pair fit him perfectly. So, the first Fuzzies are his, and these are mine. There. Wasn't that interesting?

After felting:
Fuzzy Feet Soy Wool Stripes

Before felting:
SWS Fuzzy Feet before felting

I kept reading how Paton's SWS felts so much more quickly than other wools. Some reporting only 5 minutes felting time in the washer. Maybe because my pair were fairly long, 16" or so, that they took a minute over my last pair: 15 in all. I checked them every five minutes, all the while wearing plastic shopping bags on my feet in anticipation of shaping them. Kate Spade, eat your heart out.

I'm telling ya, these are super thick. It'll take awhile to wear a hole in them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are way cute! I'll have to give them a try. My feet are always freezing and they look like they take a whole lot less time than the felted clogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look awesome !
    What pattern is that?
    I would love to try these.
    Theresa,
    t.costantini@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails