Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wordle Wednesday

I've been introduced to a new time waster. Wordle.net. It creates word clouds from text you enter into a dialog box or from an entire website address.

Here is the word cloud from a few snippits of Scripture I've been dwelling on. The largest word, the word that appears most frequently throughout the quotes, captures the ambivalence I often struggle with.




Click on the image to see the full-sized version. And you can click here to see others I've spent minutes of my life creating.

2 comments:

  1. How ironic! Just goes to show that "most frequently used" (or, "most easily identified by impersonal statistical analysis") is not the same thing as "most important or meaningful." Computers are great at the former, and virtually incapable of the latter. Good thing we still have people around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! It would be beautiful on a wall to look at and think about.
    I like your blog, very nice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails