Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

My Lizard Ridge

Twenty-one months after I began, I've finished my Lizard Ridge throw.

Lizard Ridge Throw

It consumed twenty-four balls of Noro Kureyon and Plymouth Boku. After I knit all the blocks, I had almost 200 yards of leftover yarn which I spit-spliced together into a great big ball and used to seam together the blocks.

Lizard Ridge close up

This is a reverse, single crochet stitch, a.k.a. crab stitch. Originally, I had though I'd use some sort of three-needle bind off process to seam the blocks. Don't ask me how I was going to do it, exactly, but it would've involved picking up stitches. Lots and lots of stitches. The crab stitch gave me a visible seam with a lot less hassle.

And because I used a Rail Fence layout (the design on each block is perpendicular to its neighbor) for my rectangular blocks, I stretched the shorter of the two blocks being seamed. This forced the seam to lie to one side and caused a woven look throughout the blocks. Unexpected design feature!

Lizard Ridge close up 2

Eleven grams--all that's left over:

This is Your Brain on Yarn

This is your brain on yarn.

3 comments:

  1. yeah, that's pretty amazing. i bet it feels even better. gotta love a heavy throw.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails