Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I'll soak my feet someday in Cafe au Lait

My first Etsy purchase ever came in the mail this afternoon all the way from British Columbia: Trekking Superwash Sock Yarn, handpainted in Cafe au Lait by See Jayne Knit. It calls for sizes 0-3 US needles. Have I ever knitted with anything smaller than a size 6 US needle? Uh-uh. Do I know how to knit a sock? Nope. Do I even wear socks? Not usually, and my youngest niece has noticed the callouses on my feet that prove it. TMI? Sorry.

And yet I bought the 448 yard twist of yarn because I LIKE THE COLOR. And then I bought a book that tells me how to knit socks. And I bought three sock patterns in the clearance bin at Hobby Lobby. (You know, there was a speaker at my quilt guild who once said buying the pattern of something was just as good as completing the project itself. I haven't signed on to this philosophy wholesale because I can't snuggle under a pattern for a quilt or fit a sock-shaped book around my foot and into my shoes. But there is a certain level of satisfaction in taking the book or pattern to the check-out counter and claiming ownership of the dream.)

So I own the rights to another dream and a few of the elements to make it materialize. Someday.

In other news, and in the spirit of a conversation at the Crazy Aunt Purl blog, my stroke of genius for protecting my needles has backfired. Rosie likes my knitting box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails