Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

Bag of Elephants


On the outside of the tote, that is. Here is the beginning of my version of Sue Spargo's Victoria bag. A friend of mine gave me a grocery sack full of upholstery samples, some of which she had already cut into 3-inch squares. Sue's bag calls for two 16-patch blocks on either side of the applique background, each one filled with 2-inch patches. But I just used the 3-inch patches and recalculated the rest of the front of the bag to make it come out right.

Hopefully, I'll finish the lining tomorrow, but we're also tearing out a sink and vanity and a toilet that afternoon. The bathroom remodel will have begun. Ugh. Not looking forward to it. I'd much rather sew over an elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails