Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Project 365, Week 5...et al

So, I've been posting mostly pictures and precious few words on this here blog. Probably the world could do with fewer words, but I'm not here right now to have that debate. Right now, I would like to share with you why I have been letting photo entries express my thousands of words.

I've been working on a sweater.

Sweater, pre-sleeve rip

It's for me. The first sleeve is too long, even at 14" already. So, I'm ripping back to take another run at it, decreasing more rapidly next time. I'm thinking that for each photo I've posted lately, it's worth a thousand stitches.

And now on to this weeks' batch of 365 shots. (By the way, thanks to all who have been encouraging my efforts in person and online.)

February 1

100201 Lashes

The snow melting off my neighbor's awning reminded me of Mr. Snuffleupagus's eyelashes.


February 2

100202 Trees in bud


February 3

100203 Hello

Hello
Our neighbors' Labrador


February 4

100204 Sign of Life

Sign of Life
Detail of one of our flowering quince bushes. This cluster is the largest one I found and is probably smaller than a penny...no larger than a nickel, anyway.


February 5

100205 CHILL

CHILL
The store window of my favorite yarn shop.


February 6

100206


February 7

100207 Alpaca Sea Sponge

Alpaca Sea Sponges
This set of fingerless gloves is another project I started after the first of the year. The thumb gusset photo from week one was the first glove in progress. When they were done, the open fingers reminded me of...well, you read the caption title. See for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails